This week we highlight some of our favourite female communities, we talk about the importance of understanding your competition and why in the case of Elizabeth Holmes, founder and CEO of Theranos, celebritising her as an entrepreneur caused her to not only believe her own hype but to be totally disengaged from reality and the risks she was taking ultimately with people’s lives.
We share our top reads and listens of the week, focusing on the importance of investing and why we should be educating ourselves around money, saving and investments.
- Femstreet - Sarah Noeckel
- Blooming Founders - Lu Li
- Vestpod - Emilie Bellet
- Cuckooz Nest - Charlie Rosier and Fabienne O’Neill
- Mothers Meeting - Jenny Scott
- WERN PR - Lucy Werner
- How I built this with Guy Raz - Airbnb: Joe Gebbia
- AirBnb timeline
- Dear Female Founder, curated by Blooming Founders founder Lu Li
- Beating the pros - no one did more for the small investor that Jack Bogle
- The Five Billion Pound Penalty For Female Founders
- The Dropout by Rebecca Jarvis: Elizabeth Holmes’ Alleged Theranos Fraud
- European Innovation Council (EIC)
To find out more about this podcast and to nominate a guest visit www.foundflourish.co.uk/podcast.
More about Found & Flourish
Found & Flourish is a network for kickass female founders, side hustlers and aspiring entrepreneurs. Join us by visiting www.foundflourish.co.uk.
Connect With The Hosts